Action Speaks Louder Fall 2016 is here!
The fall 2016 edition of Action Speaks Louder, OPIRG Toronto’s biannual newsletter, is hot off the press! Come pick one up outside our office in the North Borden Building (563 Spadina Crescent, room 101). You can also read the most recent issue online at Issuu below: (Or link directly here).
The Fall 2016 issue of Action Speaks Louder features:
- an article by Taina Da Silva from Grassy Narrows First Nation about defending the land and protecting the water in their community
- Ellie Ade Kur speaking about confronting racism in CUPE 3902
- Jared Ong on the fight for a $15 minimum wage
- Members of the Mining Injustice Solidarity Network on colonization and Canadian mining companies
- OPIRG action group listings, a resource list and more!
We work to create space for students and community members to reflect on pressing issues within current struggles for social and environmental justice. If you would like to join our editorial collective, please write to us at email@example.com. The editorial collective will begin meeting in October to start work on out Winter 2017 issue.
If you would rather just write for us, submit a pitch! The submission deadline for the Winter 2017 issue is Monday, October 17, 2016. To send us a short pitch or for questions about the pitch process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.