Annual General Meeting
Join us for OPIRG-Toronto’s Annual General Meeting
Friday June 13th @ 1 pm | Centre for Women and Trans People 563 Spadina Crescent, room 100 | Facebook Event
Come celebrate another inspiring year of student and community activism with OPIRG-Toronto at our Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Come for the food and stay for the opportunity to meet and connect with staff, board members, and OPIRG volunteers and get involved with the next year of Social and Environmental Justice work at UofT.
Find out more about the work we do and how to get involved!
On the Agenda:
- Review of our 7 awesome action groups’ work throughout the year
- Free catered lunch (gluten free, vegan, Halal/Kosher, and vegetarian options available)
- OPIRG Toronto Financial Audit
- 2018-2019 Board of Directors Elections
Interested in Joining the Board?
When: The nomination period is open from Wednesday, May 9th @ 9 AM – Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 @ 7 PM. Election is during the AGM.
Who: Any OPIRG-Toronto member can run! Members are any of the following who did not retain a refund for their membership fee:
- Graduate students at all three campuses
- Full-time & part-time Undergraduate students at St.George campus
- University of Toronto alumni, faculty and staff
- **Community members can run for ex-officio positions.
How: Pick up and return nomination package at the OPIRG Office (563 Spadina Crescent (North Borden Building), unit 101) between 10 AM – 4 PM, Monday to Thursday or by emailing the CRO Souzan Mirza (email@example.com).
- Hone and develop your community organizing skills!
- Connect with campus and community struggles for social and environmental justice from around the province!
- Network with other PIRGs across the province and Community Groups!
- Help develop new programming and campaigns
- Learn about union, labour and management practices in a social justice oriented non profit
- Shape OPIRG Toronto’s 2018-2019 vision!
*This space is barrier free
*There is a barrier free, single stall, gender-neutral washroom on the first floor.
*Please arrive scent free
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations for accessibility needs, or if you have any additional questions.